The following is a summary of a larger booklet called “A CONFESSION OF FAITH IN A MENNONITE PERSPECTIVE" (1995) and can be found online at http://www.mennolink.org/doc/cof/summary.html
1. We worship the one holy and loving God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe in Jesus Christ, the Word of God become flesh.
3. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the eternal Spirit of God
4. We believe that all Scripture is inspired by God through the Holy Spirit for instruction in salvation and training in righteousness.
5. We believe that God has created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them.
6. We believe that God has created human beings in the divine image.
7. We confess that, beginning with Adam and Eve, humanity has disobeyed God, given way to the tempter, and chosen to sin.
8. We believe that through Jesus Christ, God offers salvation from sin and a new way of life to all people.
9. We believe the church is the assembly of those who have accepted God's offer of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.
10. We believe that the church is called to proclaim and to be a sign of the kingdom of God.
11. We believe that the baptism of believers with water is a sign of their cleansing from sin and a pledge before the church to walk in the way of Jesus.
12. We believe that the Lord's Supper is a sign by which the church thankfully remembers the new covenant which Jesus established by his death.
13. We believe that Jesus Christ calls us to serve one another in love as he did.
14. We believe that the practice of discipline in the church is a sign of God's offer of forgiveness and transforming grace.
15. We believe that ministry continues the work of Christ, who gives gifts through the Holy Spirit to all believers.
16. We believe that the church of Jesus Christ is one body with many members.
17. We believe that Jesus Christ calls us to take up our cross and follow him.
18. We believe that to be a disciple of Jesus is to know life in the Spirit.
19. We believe that God intends human life to begin in families and to be blessed through families.
20. We commit ourselves to tell the truth, to give a simple yes or no, and to avoid swearing of oaths.
21. We believe that everything belongs to God, who calls us to live as faithful stewards of all that God has entrusted to us.
22. We believe that peace is the will of God.
23. We believe that the church is God's 'holy nation,' called to give full allegiance to Christ its head and to witness to all nations about God's saving love.
24. We place our hope in the reign of God and in its fulfillment in the day when Christ our ascended Lord will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.
A Summary of A Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective was prepared by Helmut Harder for use in the proposed Constitution and Bylaws of Mennonite Church, Canada